Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Ballad of the Blue Moon

My blogger friend IHM posted this photo of the special moon on her blog.

This fantastically framed moon was photographed by IHM's husband in Delhi.

Super blue moons graced our skies on the 19th of March, 2011. The sort of things that have been happening on our Earth, I don't blame the Moon for trying to get closer to find out.

(photo by IHM's husband)
Endlessly
traveling around
like this
for donkey’s years,
powered
by the
Big Sun Boss.

Sometimes,
you take a
slight diversion,
for fun
and
to take a closer look;

An entire civilization
goes wild
clicking me,
pointing scopes at me,
and getting hyper
and drenched
in tides
of
superstition,
and
alarm.

I’ve been watching too,
and everything
is unchanged;
cheating,
corruption,
wars,
money,
politics,
lying,
violence.

No wonder I feel Blue.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely words :) Yes it does look like the moon wanted to take a closer look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, such very lovely words, as always! I'm sitting here at my desk, looking out at the moon right this minute! I'm going to try and get a capture in the morning as it is going down. That's usually when I can get my best shot. Hope you have a beautiful day!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautifully written... :) :)

    Now the moon feels blue too... ;)

    ReplyDelete