Monday, November 28, 2011

A thappad life....


Blogger friend and prolific photographer Joshi Daniel, posted this amazing portrait titled "Hidden Wrath" in his photoblog section , Joshi Daniel Photography | Images of People. 

No one writes about these people, while the papers go ballistic about someone receiving a thappad ***  in the Capital, and a procrastinating Parliament meets just to protest the slap.

A very evocative portrait. A sign of the times. 

(photo by Joshi Daniel)
My land
undervalued and bought
for an SEZ****;
my soil
awash with thorium,
from the nuclear power plant
we didnt want;
my family,
some lost to emigration
to overcrowded cities,
some to health;

Every day,
I bend more
and die a little,
as the cataract blinds,
and the ear tires
of lies, untruths
and false promises,
and
being cheated
by relentless middlemen
also known as MP's
pretending
to represent me.

I've received the biggest thappad***
of my life,
slowly over the years
from those who
purport to rule;
and they go Tsk Tsk
about the one who got it
in Delhi....

**** SEZ   ~   Special Economic Zone set up by government for industry after acquisition on land, mostly from small farmers
.
*** thappad ~ slap

1 comment: