Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bozoical Portraits


Contrary to what you might think, no, Bozo, Mumbai's only dog-with-his-own-blog is not standing for elections.

This could be a photograph of Bozo, taken  through some kind of spotted surface , or it could be a special effect incorporated on to a photo, post clicking, by his mentor and chronicler, Magiceye.

Whatever, Bozo has some clear thoughts about this.  He does not enjoy being framed, despite that wonderful light shining in his eyes......


They say
a photograph
is a portrait
painted by the Sun.....

But in a Mumbai
having a weird delayed
monsoon,
and skies
clobbered with clouds,
even the Sun cannot paint,
and what you get
is a
portrait like this
possibly painted
by the occasional raindrops.

Give me
those photos
of me,
relaxing on the cool floor,
looking in the mirror,
standing on my hind legs
peering out
of the balcony,
or even
posing with my Olympic medal.

This one makes me feel
like the photos
of folks in Post Offices
and Mantralaya,
who stand for elections,
win,
and peer down in power
from walls.

And I dont like that.

Because I dont do elections.

I was born a Winner , Ok ?

5 comments:

  1. Oh I wish he was standing for elections! I would give him my vote - much more dependable than the other options :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will be more sincere than our mantris! Good imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so right! I prefer him relaxing on the floor or doing some mischief in the garden. But this one is a great photo too, thanks to some wonderful trick by his human. I agree with the others here -- I would vote for him blindfolded too if he changes his mind about contesting, that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dog with his own blog, I will have to go and check it out. how funny and yes he would probably do a better job then some for sure. I did not realise you had so many blogs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete