Friday, December 21, 2012

Keeping together ....


My FB friend Nandan Tavanandi, has an amazing collection of  bird photos that he clicked at the Rann of Kutch where he went on a birding trip.. 

One of those , was that of  Eurasian Spoonbill on their evening walk with Large Egret....  and the demeanor and body language of the birds was so striking.

A case of a smaller cerebral cortex, but sharper eyes.

Or maybe it appeared so to me, given what is happening in the country today ,....

(photo by Nandan Tavanandi)  

Touch-down
after flying in
from a freezing north,
and
Egret Aji,

with a pained thoughtful look
said
" I fly down each year,
and year after year
what I see
below me
gets worse and worse.

Spoonbillas,
We need to keep together,
whether we fly
or
walk exploring the marsh.

I thought there is safety in numbers.

But sometimes,
amongst humans,
the numbers themselves
become untrustworthy,
cruel and sick.

These humans have gone mad."

No comments:

Post a Comment