Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bozoical Inhalations .....


Bozo, Mumbai's only dog-with-his-own-blog  will have you know that he is well versed with IT/software/design acronyms, and WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get  to those  acronymically disabled bipeds).

However, it does NOT apply to folks like him.

This may be a Magiceye photo capture, during his daily walks,  as he  goes around, smelling the roads, corners, vendor places, and areas used by disobedient two wheelers and elderly four wheelers.  

But clearly, what you see, is NOT what you get.  Bozo's nose is highly evolved.  You may smell vadapao, petrol, roses, and wet mud. 

Bozo smells something else.



When the BIG ONE in the sky
distributed noses,
I think
I got the best one.

Because He knew that
I would use it well.

Unlike some folks
I know,
I do not use it
to poke it
into other people's lives,
and unlike them,
I actually think
about what I smell .

Do I smell fear ?
Do I smell danger ?
I can also
smell insects and rodents
that one cannot see,
even tumors before they happen,
and spasms in others,
before they kick in;
I can detect evil,
and things that explode,
and also things
that hide,
quietly eating away your walls
be they
of your house
or yourself...


But I can also smell
a dear friend,
once a little girl,
coming home after a break,
tired legs
climbing up,
happy legs
rushing home,
the fish seller
still on the staircase,
the smell of
an old lady
from a book
on something
she wrote about me,
and the smell
of she and her friend
in the elevator,
as they come to meet me....

It isn't
just you biped guys
that have this IT....

Thanks to our
amazing nostril computers,
incidentally,
2000 times smarter
than the biped noses,
we too
are in the SIT age;
Sniffing Information Technology......

No comments:

Post a Comment